Wednesday, September 23, 2015

23 September 2015 6th Hour 7th Grade Visual Art

http://www.trbimg.com/img-552d5a22/turbine/la-et-cm-art-review-david-jien-exodus-at-richard-heller-gallery-20150414
David Jien
Exodus
Color pencil, graphite, gouache and mother of pearl veneer on paper

"I definitely think I live vicariously through my art, and through these characters am able to express my deepest ambitions, desires, fantasies and fears.  I believe that everyone at some point in their lives has to deal with an inner struggle, and that this universe is perfectly designed to offer human being the optimal condition under which the choice between good and evil can be made.  My drawings depict my struggles and joys manifested through these casts of character.  My characters are self portraits.  I am a Who rider, I am a Lizard man." -David Jien

Could this artwork be symbolic of real-world events?

No comments:

Post a Comment